OUR “ULTIMATE MISSION”
IS AT THE HEART OF EVERY BUSINESS DECISION:
To consistently provide customers with top-grade turkey products by sustaining excellent, world-class performance in every area of the organization including safety, health, environment, quality, business operations, reliability and efficiency.
Our Mission in Action
- Farbest meets and exceeds USDA requirements and we are BRC Food Certified. We adhere to HACCP* food safety management guidelines utilizing on-site PCR lab equipment that tests bacteria through DNA technology. In addition, all flocks are tested for Avian Influenza before they are processed. Recently, we put into effect new USDA-AMS programs, including Process Verified measures and Export Verification.
- By continuously updating our practices and processes, we’ve significantly reduced our environmental footprint. These ongoing efforts have positively impacted our organization in two important ways: 1) We have increased productivity, and 2) Lowered our use of natural resources.
- Farbest Foods Inc. is one of the largest turkey companies in the country by volume. Because we continually invest in updating and adapting operations in our processing plants, automation and technology, Farbest Foods represents the most advanced turkey processing practices in the industry.
- Farbest Foods recently put into motion our “People and Talent First” initiative. The program was created to benefit all employees throughout our organization. Among the objectives of “People and Talent First” is to help us maintain a workforce that is engaged and trained to implement constant improvement. “People and Talent First” is an ongoing program and we’re pleased with the positive responses it’s generating among employees.
- Farbest Foods Inc., Farbest Farms Inc. and JFS Milling Inc. continue working diligently to enhance our organization’s position in the turkey industry as the most efficient producer of raw turkey meat with a solid reputation for superior quality and service.
- How strong is our commitment to excellence? Farbest Foods has never lost a customer due to an issue with product quality or service. Our unwavering commitment to reliability, service and quality has resulted in many long-standing customer relationships – some spanning well over 25 years.
*HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) is a preventive food safety program mandated in the food industry to identify potential food safety hazards so that key action can be taken to reduce or eliminate the risk of a potential hazard becoming a reality. This preventive program is required by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA).
At the core of our company’s business model is this simple, yet important vow:
Be the most efficient producers of the best quality turkey meat.
To achieve this on a daily basis, we drive efficiencies via consistency, control, and connectivity in all phases of our process.