Summary Description: Assist in maintaining the parts cage and inventory for maintenace and production parts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work directly with mechanical, purchasing, and production department personnel to receive and distribute requested inventory
- Perform data entry related to parts inventory and CMMS software
- Daily receiving and storing of items
- Efficient distribution of requested parts to minimize customer wait times.
- Help maintain inventory levels to insure proper maximum, minimum, and reorder levels.
- Continually evaluate non OEM parts suppliers for cost savings
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Adhere to food safety and quality system requirements by committing to meet all pertinent regulatory and customer requirements.
- Utilize continuous improvement tools and assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Some computer skills required
- Previous experience with inventory management preferred
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to pass all medical exams, drug and background checks (including criminal).
- Physical demand requirements: Stand, walk, kneel and bend required for virtually the entire shift.
- Must be capable of working from a ladder or other type of elevated working surface.
- Occasionally required to climb or balance. Frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds.
- Ability to work required hours and shifts, including working weekends, and on holidays.
- Be able to effectively work in a team environment.
- Maintain a valid state driver’s license.
- Maintain a vaild forklift license issued by Farbest Foods, Inc.