Farbest Foods, Inc.
Operate and perform preventative maintenance, corrective maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of plant production equipment and utility systems. System responsibilities include switch gears, transformers, PLC’s, rotating equipment, conveyor’s, food processing equipment, plant lighting, mechanical equipment, augers, grinders, piping systems, etc…
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate, maintain and perform maintenance activities on plant process and support equipment.
- Have a strong understanding of operating, troubleshooting, and maintaining pneumatic, hydraulic, and electrical systems.
- Have basic understanding of normal operating parameters and procedures for industrial switch gear, electrical distribution systems, transformers, PLC’s and plant process equipment.
- Complete accurate and timely documentation of maintenance records.
- Observe and electrical system operation, using gauges and instruments.
- Visually inspect and test machinery and equipment. Have a basic understanding of electrical circuits. Including control voltages and single phase and three phase power up to 4160 V.
- Engage in dismantling, assembling, and installing mechanical equipment.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Use all personal protective equipment provided by the company in compliance with OSHA regulations.
- Adhere to food safety and quality system requirements by committing to meet all pertinent regulatory and customer requirements.
- Complete basic P.M’s including visual inspection, measuring, greasing, and cleaning equipment.
- Utilizing continuous improvement tools and assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Learn and adhere to sanitation, safety and security policies and procedures.
- Train and assist with Level I Maintenance Mechanics.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Qualification:
- Associates degree in Industrial Maintenance preferred. High school diploma and two to 4 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Intermediate computer skills required to operate equipment monitoring systems.
- Welding certification a plus
- Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Effective written and communication skills.
- Intermediate computer skills required to operate and troubleshoot equipment.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to pass all medical exams, drug and background checks (including criminal).
- Physical demand requirements: Stand, walk, kneel and bend required for virtually the entire shift.
- Must be capable of working from a ladder or other type of elevated working surface.
- Occasionally required to climb or balance. Frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work in a cold, wet environment with moderate noise.
- Ability to work required hours and shifts, including working weekends, overtime and on holidays.
- Be able to effectively work in a team environment.
- Must be able to supply and maintain a personal standard mechanics tool set. (List of required tools will be provided prior to employment)
- Maintain a valid state driver’s license. I have read and understand the assigned responsibilities of the Level II Maintenance Technician.