Farbest Foods, Inc.
Operate and perform planned preventative maintenance, predictive maintenance, corrective maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of plant process equipment, facility equipment and utility systems. System responsibilities include, switch gear, transformers, PLC’s, rotating equipment, conveyor’s, food processing equipment, plant lighting, mechanical equipment, including building maintenance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate, maintain, and perform maintenance activities on plant process equipment.
- Have a strong understanding of operating, troubleshooting, and maintaining pneumatic, hydraulic, and electrical systems.
- Have knowledge of normal operating parameters and procedures for industrial switch gear, electrical distribution systems, transformers, PLC’s and plant process equipment.
- Complete accurate and timely documentation of maintenance records.
- Observe and test electrical system operation, using gauges and instruments.
- Visually inspect and test machinery and equipment. Have a strong understanding of electrical circuits. Including control voltages and single phase and three phase power up to 4160 V.
- Engage in dismantling, assembling, and installing mechanical equipment.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Use all personal protective equipment provided by the company in compliance with OSHA regulations.
- Adhere to food safety and quality system requirements by committing to meet all pertinent regulatory and customer requirements.
- Utilize continuous improvement tools and assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
- Complete basic P.M’s including visual inspection, measuring, greasing, and cleaning equipment.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Learn and adhere to sanitation, safety and security policies and procedures.
- Train and assist with Level I/II Maintenance Mechanics.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master electrical license preferred, previous experience with industrial plants, manufacturing plants with voltages to 4160 Voltage required.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Welding certification a plus
- Advanced computer skills required to operate and troubleshoot equipment monitoring systems.
- Associate degree and/or qualified electrical program ; and three to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Experience within the food and beverage industry preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to pass all medical exams, drug and background checks (including criminal).
- Physical demand requirements: Stand, walk, kneel and bend required for virtually the entire shift.
- Must be capable of working from a ladder or other type of elevated working surface.
- Occasionally required to climb or balance. Frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work in a cold, wet environment with moderate noise.
- Ability to work required hours and shifts, including working weekends, overtime and on holidays.
- Be able to effectively work in a team environment.
- Must be able to supply and maintain a personal standard mechanics tool set. (List of required tools will be provided prior to employment)
- Maintain a valid state driver’s license.