Farbest Foods, Inc.
First and Second Shift Available
Summary Description: Operate and perform planned preventative maintenance, predictive maintenance, corrective maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of plant equipment, facility equipment, wastewater equipment, and utility equipment. System responsibilities include switchgear, transformers, PLC’s, rotating equipment, conveyors, food processing equipment, plant lighting, mechanical equipment and building maintenance
Starting pay is $25.00/hr. Benefits include low deductible and low premium health insurance, vision and life insurance, paid vacations and holidays and 401K pension plan.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- PLC program and hardware troubleshooting
- HMI downloading and troubleshooting
- Assist with PM creation, PM modifications, PM auditing and PM completion
- Assist with PM and work order scheduling for weekly and weekend activities
- Responsible for training C, B, and A Mechanics on departmental jobs and making sure those jobs are being performed at or above OEM standard
- Assist with ordering and/or requesting repair parts, training C, B, and A Mechanics to order and/or request parts as needed for effective machine repair.
- Provide assistance to Mechanics with troubleshooting and equipment repairs
- Cover pass downs between shifts when necessary
- Complete accurate and timely documentation of maintenance records.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Use all personal protective equipment provided by the company in compliance with OSHA regulations.
- Adhere to food safety and quality system requirements by committing to meet all pertinent regulatory and customer requirements.
- Utilize continuous improvement tools and assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Learn and adhere to sanitation, safety and security policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master electrical license preferred, previous experience with industrial plants, manufacturing plants with voltages to 4160 Voltage required
- Strong working knowledge of AB PLCs, HMIs, Control Logix, RS Logix or other
- Welding certification a plus
- Advanced computer skills required to operate and troubleshoot equipment monitoring systems.
- Associate degree and/or qualified electrical program ; and 10 to 12 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Experience within the food and beverage industry preferred.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to pass all medical exams, drug and background checks (including criminal).
- Physical demand requirements: Stand, walk, kneel and bend required for virtually the entire shift.
- Must be capable of working from a ladder or other type of elevated working surface.
- Occasionally required to climb or balance. Frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work in a cold, wet environment with moderate noise.
- Ability to work required hours and shifts, including working weekends, overtime and on holidays.
- Be able to effectively work in a team environment.
- Must be able to supply and maintain a personal standard mechanics tool set. (List of required tools will be provided prior to employment)
- Maintain a valid state driver’s license.