CDL Feed Haul Driver – Bruceville, IN
JFS Milling Inc, located just west of Bruceville, IN on Highway 67 is an affiliate of Farbest Foods/Farbest Farms. When at capacity, this state-of-the art computerized facility will be responsible for the manufacture and delivery in excess of 8,500 tons per week of complete feed for turkeys in Southern Indiana, Illinois and Kentucky.
JFS Milling is currently seeking applications from qualified individuals interested in operating modern tractor/trailers and/or straight trucks delivering feed to contract growers. Openings for both day and night shift.
Successful applicants will possess a Class “A” CDL, experience preferred, with an impeccable driving record.
JFS offers a clean, safe and challenging environment. Interested applicants will be team players dedicated to quality, productivity and teamwork.
Feed Mill Operator – JFS Milling Bruceville, IN
SUMMARY: Receive, inspect and process ingredients into finished feed. Load out of appropriate feed for delivery to customer
- Receive bagged, dry bulk, liquid and pneumatic ingredients
- Operate fork lift to unload bagged ingredients into proper storage
- Complete inventory analysis of ingredients for FIFO process
- Maintain housekeeping of ingredient and feed areas per OSHA standards
- Sample dry, liquid and pneumatic ingredients
- Operate ingredient truck and feed mill receiving and load out equipment on a daily basis
- Operate feed batching, grinding, pelleting and liquid application equipment on a daily basis
- Monitor pellet throughput and quality
- Record receiving, batching and loadout information via WEM Computer program and written paperwork on a daily basis
- Utilize OSHA safety standards
- Utilize lock out – tag out process as required for equipment inspection and maintenance
- Maintain proper safety equipment required for position – hardhat, safety glasses, hearing protection, steel toed shoes
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Pre-employment and random drug screening participant
- Pass medical exam
- Current Drivers License and acceptable driving record
- Basic computer knowledge
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work with little supervision
- High school diploma or GED
Ordinary Methods of Job Performance:
- Lift ingredient bags up to 60 lbs. on a frequent basis
- Climb catwalks, stairs and bin ladders to check feed and ingredient bins
- Monitor grain quality through sight and smell
- Constant exposure to noise, dust, cold and heat working inside and outside of mill
- Utilize computer equipment for monitoring of feed manufacturing process
Level III Maintenance Technician – Vincennes IN
Summary Description: Operate and perform planned preventative maintenance, predictive maintenance, corrective maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of plant process equipment, facility equipment and utility systems. System responsibilities include, switch gear, transformers, PLC’s, rotating equipment, conveyor’s, food processing equipment, plant lighting, mechanical equipment, including building maintenance.
- Electrical license preferred, previous experience with industrial plants, manufacturing plants with voltages to 4160 Voltage required.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Welding certification a plus
- Advanced computer skills (PLC’s) required to operate and troubleshoot equipment monitoring systems.
- Associate degree in industrial maintenance and/or qualified electrical program ; and three to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Experience within the food and beverage industry preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to pass all medical exams, drug and background checks (including criminal).
- Physical demand requirements: Stand, walk, kneel and bend required for virtually the entire shift.
- Must be capable of working from a ladder or other type of elevated working surface.
- Occasionally required to climb or balance. Frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work in a cold, wet environment with moderate noise.
- Ability to work required hours and shifts, including working weekends, overtime and on holidays.
- Be able to effectively work in a team environment.
- Must be able to supply and maintain a personal standard mechanics tool set. (List of required tools will be provided prior to employment)
- Maintain a valid state driver’s license.
WASTE WATER OPERATORS – Vincennes, IN
Operate and maintain waste water pretreatment equipment including basic pms of equipment, cleaning of equipment/workspace, and lab testing necessary to maintain water treatment parameters.
Job Requirements include capable of following both written and verbal instructions, able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals and previous waste water treatment experience preferred.
Physical Job Requirements include ability to work in a fast paced environment, able to pass all medical exams, drug and background checks (including criminal), standing, walking, kneeling and bending is required for virtually the entire shift, must be capable of working from a ladder or other type of elevated working surface, occasionally required to climb or balance. Frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds, and must be able to work in a cold, wet environment with moderate noise.
Additional Requirements include ability to work required hours and shifts, including working weekends, overtime and on holidays, ability to work effectively in a team environment, and maintain a valid state driver’s license.
PRODUCTION WORKER – Huntingburg and Vincennes, IN
Due to our future growth, Farbest Foods, Inc. is seeking hard working individuals to work in the production areas of the Huntingburg and Vincennes plants. First and Second (Huntingburg only) shift openings are available. No previous experience necessary. Competitive wages and a benefit package which includes: health, vision, disability, paid life insurance, paid vacations, holiday pay, 401-k, and shift differentials. Full and Part-Time positions available. Summer positions available.
PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR – Huntingburg and Vincennes, IN
Farbest Foods is looking for an energetic, team player to fill supervisory positions in our production facility in Huntingburg and Vincennes.
- Attaining production goals;
- Improving work methods;
- General supervision and training of employees;
- Participation in continuous improvement programs.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills;
- Problem solving and data analysis skills;
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills, bi-lingual (Spanish) helpful but not required;
- BS or BA degree preferred but not required
- Supervisory experience preferred.
Compensation commensurate with ability and experience, excellent benefit package.