Utility Operators - JFS Milling-Dubois
JFS Milling Inc, located 1 mile north of Dubois, IN on Highway 545 is an affiliate of Farbest Foods/Farbest Farms. This new state-of-the art computerized facility is responsible for the manufacture and delivery in excess of 8,500 tons per week of complete feed for turkeys in Southern Indiana, Illinois and Kentucky.
The mill currently has a position open for a Utility Operator on their night shift working 6PM – 6AM Sunday through Wednesday. Operators will be responsible for a wide variety of tasks including: ingredient receiving, feed manufacturing and load-out.
JFS offers a clean, safe and challenging environment. Interested applicants will be team players dedicated to quality, productivity and teamwork.
Refrigeration Operator – Vincennes, IN Processing Plant
Summary Description: Operate and perform preventative maintenance, corrective maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of plant ammonia refrigeration and utility systems. System responsibilities include, ammonia refrigeration, HVAC, steam, water, gas, facility and grounds, and compressed air systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate, maintain and perform maintenance activities on ammonia refrigeration and HVAC systems.
- Have a strong understanding of operating, troubleshooting and maintaining Frick compressors, Frick controllers and Frick control systems.
- Have knowledge of normal operating parameters and procedures for an ammonia based refrigeration system.
- Complete accurate and timely documentation of maintenance records.
- Observe and test system operation, using gauges and instruments.
- Visually inspect and test machinery and equipment. Have a strong understanding of electrical circuits. Including control voltages and single phase and three phase power up to 4160 V.
- Engage in dismantling, assembling, and installing refrigeration equipment.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Use all personal protective equipment provided by the company in compliance with OSHA regulations.
- Adhere to food safety and quality system requirements by committing to meet all pertinent regulatory and customer requirements.
- Utilize a continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
- Understand and comply with all Process Safety Manangement (PSM) requirements, including SOPs, PHAs and MOCs.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Learn and adhere to sanitation, safety and security policies and procedures.
- Train and assist with Level I/II Refrigeration Mechanics.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- IIAR and/or RETA certifications or Level I/II Operator Training from Lanier Tech, Garden City or equivalent school in ammonia refrigeration systems is desired.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Intermediate computer skills required to operate equipment monitoring systems.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred; or three to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Experience within the food and beverage industry preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to pass all medical exams, drug and background checks (including criminal).
- Physical demand requirements: Stand, walk, kneel and bend required for virtually the entire shift.
- Must be capable of working from a ladder or other type of elevated working surface.
- Occasionally required to climb or balance. Frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work in a cold, wet environment with moderate noise.
- Must be able to comply with Refrigertion Department requirements. This includes no facial hair and no contact lenses.
- Must be capable of passing a respiratory physical.
- Ability to work required hours and shifts, including working weekends, overtime and on holidays.
- Be able to effectively work in a team environment.
- Must be able to supply and maintain a personal standard mechanics tool set. (List of required tools will be provided prior to employment)
- Maintain a valid state driver’s license.
WASTE WATER OPERATORS – Vincennes, IN
Operate and maintain waste water pretreatment equipment including basic pms of equipment, cleaning of equipment/workspace, and lab testing necessary to maintain water treatment parameters.
Job Requirements include capable of following both written and verbal instructions, able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals and previous waste water treatment experience preferred.
Physical Job Requirements include ability to work in a fast paced environment, able to pass all medical exams, drug and background checks (including criminal), standing, walking, kneeling and bending is required for virtually the entire shift, must be capable of working from a ladder or other type of elevated working surface, occasionally required to climb or balance. Frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds, and must be able to work in a cold, wet environment with moderate noise.
Additional Requirements include ability to work required hours and shifts, including working weekends, overtime and on holidays, ability to work effectively in a team environment, and maintain a valid state driver’s license.
PRODUCTION WORKER – Huntingburg and Vincennes, IN
Due to our future growth, Farbest Foods, Inc. is seeking hard working individuals to work in the production areas of the Huntingburg and Vincennes plants. First and Second (Huntingburg only) shift openings are available. No previous experience necessary. Competitive wages and a benefit package which includes: health, vision, disability, paid life insurance, paid vacations, holiday pay, 401-k, and shift differentials. Full and Part-Time positions available. Summer positions available.
PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR – Huntingburg and Vincennes, IN
Farbest Foods is looking for an energetic, team player to fill supervisory positions in our production facility in Huntingburg and Vincennes.
- Attaining production goals;
- Improving work methods;
- General supervision and training of employees;
- Participation in continuous improvement programs.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills;
- Problem solving and data analysis skills;
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills, bi-lingual (Spanish) helpful but not required;
- BS or BA degree preferred but not required
- Supervisory experience preferred.
Compensation commensurate with ability and experience, excellent benefit package.
Brooder Farm Labor
Farbest Farms is looking for an individual interested in working at their brooder hubs located in Santa Claus and Gleason, near Petersburg. Duties include Barn set up for brooding baby turkeys; Placing, caring for and moving turkey poults; Barn and equipment cleanup; Other manual farm type tasks. The basic work schedule is dayshift, Monday-Friday, with weekend rotations. Must possess a valid driver’s license. This is an hourly position with benefits.
Compensation commensurate with skills and experience, benefits package includes: health, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, paid vacations, holiday pay, performance bonus and 401k.
CDL Feed Haul Drivers JFS Milling-Dubois
JFS Milling Inc, located 1 mile north of Dubois, IN on Highway 545 is an affiliate of Farbest Foods/Farbest Farms. This state-of-the art computerized facility is responsible for the manufacture and delivery in excess of 8,500 tons per week of complete feed for turkeys in Southern Indiana, Illinois and Kentucky.
JFS Milling is currently seeking applications from individuals interested in operating modern tractor/trailers delivering feed to contract growers in the immediate area on the night shift, Sunday–Wednesday 5PM to 5AM. Successful applicants will possess a Class A CDL, experience preferred.
Excellent compensation and benefits package includes: health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, paid vacations, holiday pay, 401k pension plan and uniforms